EU settlement scheme

H&F register office has moved

H&F register office is now located at the Clockwork Building, 45 Beavor Lane, Hammersmith, London W6 9AR. Visit Contact the register office for more information.

We offer a free document-checking service for H&F residents.

Come to the register office at 45 Beavor Lane, Hammersmith on Monday to Friday from 10am to 11.30am and 2pm to 3.50pm. This is a walk-in service so you don't need to book but you may have to wait if it's busy.

You don't need to be a resident to use this service, but there's a charge if you live outside the borough.

Get more information about H&F's Brexit preparations

What is settled status?

If you’re a European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to get either settled or pre-settled status to remain living in the UK after Brexit.

If Brexit goes ahead, there will be no change to your current rights under EU law until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020. Settled status will mean you can continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020.

You will have until 30 June 2021 to apply for either settled or pre-settled status.

Who can apply?

Information on who is required to apply for pre-settled or settled status can be found on the Government website.

What do I need to bring?

  • your current valid biometric EU passport or valid biometric residence card
  • a mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email
  • proof of your address (driving licence, most recent council tax bill, bank statement or utility bill).

The ID documents listed above are the only ones we accept.


If you are not an H&F resident there is a £14 for your appointment fee (card or cash)

We don't currently accept national identity cards.

Identity verification

You’ll need a compatible Android phone or tablet if you want to scan your identity document yourself. This can be your own phone or tablet, or someone else’s.

If your mobile phone or other device doesn’t have 'near field communication' (NFC) you can bring your ID document to us, where we can scan and verify it for you. You'll then be able to make an application for pre-settled or settled status.

We won't need to keep your ID document and in most cases you should not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during your application for pre-settled or settled status.

 Want to stay connected with H&F? Sign-up to the council