If you need help because of an emergency or a crisis, you may be able to get a Local Support Payment (LSP).
You may also qualify if you need help to remain or settle in the community. There is no automatic entitlement, this is a discretionary scheme and we base our decision on every individual case.
Normally the payments we award are in the form of furniture, white goods or store vouchers.
To be eligible to claim a Local Support Payment you have to:
- have applied for a qualifying benefit and are waiting for your claim to be determined
- live in Hammersmith & Fulham, or have been housed elsewhere by the council
- not have more than £1,000 savings, and not have had more than two LSPs in the last 12 months
Qualifying benefits include:
- Income Support
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension credit
- Incapacity Benefit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Universal Credit.
Request a review
You can ask us to review our decision not to award a local support payment. The request must be made within 7 days of the original decision.
The decision will be looked at again, but if your crisis has already passed a payment may not be made.
If you need further information about Local Support Payments call us on 020 7745 6464.