Town Hall venues and parks hire

Whether you’re a community group, a commercial event organiser, running a promotion in an open space or just throwing a birthday party, we're here to help.

The Assembly Hall

Event and meeting rooms at the town hall

Hammersmith town hall venues will close on 31 July 2019 for 3 years as part of a major redevelopment of the King street area.

For information about the redevelopment plans see King Street regeneration project planning application

Please see our community hall hire page for alternative venues.

With unique indoor venues and beautiful open spaces, we host events of all kinds and all sizes. Our friendly and experienced events managers can help you every step of the way.

Hammersmith Town Hall venues

Help with planning your event

Planning an event can be a very rewarding experience and a great way to bring your community together. However, it takes a lot of hard work and expertise to bring an event to life, so we’ve brought together some handy documents to support you.

‘Can Do’ Guide 
This great guide to organising and running voluntary and community events should be your first port of call.

Hammersmith & Fulham Events Guide (pdf) 
A quick introduction to the events planning process in Hammersmith & Fulham

London Events Toolkit 
Visit the London Events Toolkit website for a one-stop guide to planning events in the capital.

Venue hire prices 
The cost of hiring town hall venues, including supplementary fees for PA systems and other facilities.

Parks and open spaces hire

To make an initial enquiry, please e-mail

Some events in parks require a temporary events notice (TEN). For more information please visit Temporary event notices

For more information about the borough’s open spaces and to search for a park, visit parks and open spaces.

If you are planning a promotional event, please see our map of parks and open spaces for hire (pdf 200kb).

For an idea of the cost involved, please see our parks hire prices.

Picnics and childrens parties

You do not need permission to hold a small, self organised picnic or childrens party for under 30 people. You can have a maximum of one 3mx3m gazebo (weighted down with sand bags or metal plates, not staked into the ground) and a small picnic table/fold up garden chairs.

Permission is required and charges apply for BBQs*, hot food vendors, bouncy castles** or other inflatables and events which will have over 30 attendees.

You will also need permission from us and charges will apply if your event is organised by a party planner, childens entertainment or sports company.

**BBQs are only permitted as part of a professionally organised event approved by the H&F Events Team, and operated by a qualified caterer. Charges apply. Please note that during periods of severe hot weather & drought, BBQ's may not be permitted to take place

**Bouncy castles & inflatables can be dangerous if not properly managed. They must be PIPA registered and provided by and managed on-site by a professional hire company with up to date & relevant health and safety documentation including public liability insurance, risk assessment & method statement.

It is not possible to give picnics & children's parties exclusive use of any park space.

Please respect the park and its wildlife, plants and trees, tidy up, take your rubbish away with you and have fun. Please be mindful of other park users & local residents and ensure that you are not causing a disturbance. Please be aware that some areas of the park may be pre-booked for sports or events use.

Amplified music and PA systems are not permitted without prior agreement from the H&F Events Team.

Water bombs, fireworks, pyrotechnics, paper lanterns, motorised cars and balloon releases are not permitted. For full details on what is & isnt permitted please see:

Any vehicle access onto parks & open spaces is strictly prohibited unless permission has been granted by the H&F Events Team

Park Byelaws (pdf)  Park byelaws must be adhered to

How to make a booking/apply for permission

Please email

If your event is suitable for the requested park we will consult with the local ward councillors and stakeholders on your behalf.

If your event is approved to proceed then we will ask you for your health and safety paperwork.

Required paperwork may include the following:

  • risk assessment
  • site plan
  • Public liability insurance
  • licence details  
  • Food safety documents

Once all paperwork has been received we will issue a parks permission contract to you. 

External venues and spaces

There are plenty more community venues in Hammersmith & Fulham which are not managed by our in-house events team.

For more information, please see Community space

Contact details

If you need help, please get in touch. We aim to respond to all email within 48 hours, this may be extended during busy periods

020 8753 2135