Bishops Park is in the south of the borough next to the river Thames.
It is one of the borough's most popular and well-used parks and is listed as Grade II in English Heritage's Register of Parks and Gardens of special historic interest in England.
- toddlers’ playground
- junior playground
- skate bowl
- table tennis tables
- basketball goal
- waterplay for all ages - open daily from 10am to 7pm during the summer months.
- ornamental lake
- urban beach
- Fielder's Meadow
- Bishop's Meadow
- river walk/Thames Path
- moat garden.
- bowling greens - Winnington Bowls Club
- tennis courts - for tennis programmes and coaching or to book a court visit the Rocks Lane website or call 020 7736 3854
- table tennis
- sculpture garden
- Pryor's Bank garden
- Rose garden
- Spanish War Memorial garden.
Events, clubs and forums
Two large scale events take place in Bishops Park each year, the fireworks display in November and the Oxford Cambridge Boat Race in March. In addition, a number of small scale events take place in the park each year, such as a farmers and fine foods market and a park run.
Friends of Bishops Park
Visit the Friends of Bishops Park website for details of more events in the park.
Opening hours are approximate and may vary. Please contact the parks police service on 020 8753 5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For tennis court bookings in Bishops Park please call Rocks Lane multi sports centre on 020 7736 3854.
Normal opening hours are from dawn to the closing times below.
However due to the coronavirus pandemic all our parks are currently closing at 8pm every day until further notice.
- November 7pm
- December 7pm
- January 7pm
- February 7pm
- March 7.30pm
- April 8.30pm
- May 10pm
- June 10pm
- July 10pm
- August 9.30pm
- September 9pm
- October 8.30pm
There is a 'shared-use' cycle and pedestrian path through the park where pedestrians have priority at all times. Cyclists should travel slowly with consideration for all other users. Cycling on the Thames Path and riverwalk through the park is prohibited.
A number of buses stop on Fulham Palace Road, within a few minutes walk of the park.
- Nearest buses 74, 220, 430 (alight on Fulham Palace Road at Bishop's Park Road bus stop). Five minutes walk to the park along Bishop's Avenue.
- 85, 93, 265 (alight at or near Putney Bridge). Walk to the park through the subway under the bridge or down the steps from the bridge.
Putney Bridge Underground station (District Line) is approximately 8 minutes walk. Follow the path along the river and through the subway under Putney Bridge into Bishops Park.
Putney station (15 minutes walk). On departing the station turn right, walk down Putney High Street, across Putney Bridge. Take the steps down to the park.
Access is via Stevenage Road, Bishop's Park Road or Bishop's Avenue, SW6. There is ample parking on the nearby streets which are in controlled parking zone Y.
Parking on match days
When Fulham Football Club are playing, special restrictions apply:
- 9am to 9.30pm, Monday to Sunday (including bank holidays)
- On match days, there is a 1 hour maximum stay for pay and display for the whole day
- Dates of matches are displayed on pay and display machines, on this website and on controlled zone entry signs. See match day parking restrictions.
Bishops Park consultation
Fulham FC’s proposed use of part of Bishops Park - find out more and share your views.
London SW6 6EA