Watch out for HF ArtsFest’s big red bus! This year, a classic routemaster will be touring H&F. It will be bringing pop-up performances to neighbourhoods near you.
The annual festival celebrating the fantastic work of the artists in Hammersmith & Fulham is just a few weeks away.
The bus will be taking artists around H&F to celebrate the launch of HF ArtsFest on Saturday 3 June and is part of this year’s theme of taking the arts to the people.
The nine-day festival will be packed with exhibitions, drama, live music, film screenings, walking tours and more at many different venues across H&F.
“There’s a wealth of arts projects and events to be found in the community’s own backyard,” said the festival’s chair Petrea Owens.
“We’re celebrating the world class venues and artists living and working in Hammersmith & Fulham. HF ArtsFest is working in partnership with the council to make this a great borough for the arts.”
The festival will culminate with H&F’s Unity Day on Sunday 11 June, a celebration of our borough’s diversity. It will see a march from Shepherds Bush Green to Ravenscourt Park in Hammersmith, where there will be entertainment and speeches. It follows last year’s inaugural event which saw thousands march.
Other highlights include:
- A walking tour on the history of Bishop’s Park
- Ravi Shankar memorial concert at the Bhavan Centre
- A concert by the Fulham Symphony Orchestra
- Children’s drama workshops by Chickenshed Theatre
- Twice as Nice Comedy Festival
- A puppet show based on the popular children’s book, The Velveteen Rabbit
- A showcase of talent from the Young Songwriter 2017 competition
- An exhibition by the Society of Fulham Artists and Potters
There will be more than 200 events at this year’s festival and most of them are free.
You can see all the details of the events on your own doorstep at HF ArtsFest’s website.
By sending us a comment, you are agreeing to our publishing policy.