Cycle training and maintenance
FREE group cycle training lessons in schools
We offer national-standards cycle training to our primary schools' year five and six pupils, and to pupils in secondary schools. Two instructors take groups of up to 12 pupils.
- children who take part, and pass the test at the end, will be awarded a Bikeability certificate and badge.
- in order that we can meet demand from as many of our schools as possible, please book as early in the school year as possible. If additional funding becomes available schools can apply for subsequent courses.
- the courses help towards achieving targets set out in school travel plans and are only available to schools with up-to-date travel plans. If you want to check whether your school travel plan is up to date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE 1-2-1 cycle training for adults
Free 1-2-1 cycle training is available for adults living, working or studying in Hammersmith & Fulham. The sessions deliver private tuition in safe, confident road cycling and are arranged at a date, time and place to suit you and are tailored to your level of experience. We take a £5 pre-authorisation on booking, which is only actually charged to your card if you do not attend the lesson that you have booked. This is to deter people from booking then not attending.
- a two-hour one-to-one cycle training session for anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough
- bikes can be provided for complete beginners
- female and male instructors will train anywhere in Hammersmith & Fulham
- possibility of lesson for adult with child, eg to learn how to cycle safely to school with your child
FREE bike maintenance courses
We run free cycle maintenance courses for people who live or work or study in Hammersmith & Fulham, because basic knowledge about how to maintain your bike is essential for keeping your bike roadworthy and staying safe on the road. We don’t want people giving up cycling just because they don’t know how to fix their first puncture!
We take a £5 pre-authorisation on booking, which is only actually charged to your card if you do not attend the course that you have booked. This is to deter people from booking then not attending.
Choice of venue: cycle maintenance courses are held at: