Shoppers, deliveries and staff are now being offered free access to Clean Air Neighbourhoods – with a new “business visitor access permit” developed by Hammersmith & Fulham Council and parking app RingGo.
With just a couple of clicks, firms can enter their visitors’ registration numbers to grant access through the cameras.
This follows concerns raised by businesses in South Fulham that out-of-borough shoppers and staff were finding it more difficult to drive to the area because of the cameras.
In future, only motorists who cut through residential streets without stopping to shop, work or visit friends and family should face fines.
The new business visitor permit is one of a raft of measures designed to support the mission of clean air neighbourhoods to support a thriving local economy.
All H&F-based businesses can apply for the new business visitor access permit to be allowed access through clean air neighbourhood cameras.
Businesses have a choice. They can use the RingGo App themselves to input the registration number of their shopper, delivery or staff.
Or, where businesses prefer, H&F will provide free tablets so that customers can input their vehicle registration details into the system.
Toolkit for businesses
The new business visitor permit is one of a raft of measures designed to support the mission of clean air neighbourhoods to support a thriving local economy:
- Free access through cameras for shoppers, staff and deliveries
- Free tablet offer on counter for customers to self-serve camera access
- Extra shopper parking bays in Parsons Green Lane and off Wandsworth Bridge Road and New Kings Road
- Designated clean air neighbourhood business support officer
- More outdoor tables to encourage cafe culture
- Improve street scene with parklets and hanging baskets
- Install City Trees to clean local air naturally
- Dedicated bays for cycles, e-bikes and e-scooters
- Shop Local campaign to include lamp column banners
- Social media promotion to neighbouring boroughs
- Tree planting, greening and sustainable drainage systems
- Marketing and publicity support for seasonal events
Did you know…
Research shows that making it easier and safer to walk and cycle in London’s high streets is good for business with footfall and economic activity significantly higher. People walking, cycling and using public transport spend the most in their local shops - 40 per cent more each month than car drivers.
Local business traffic welcome
Clean Air Neighbourhoods are designed to discourage out-of-borough motorists who are not stopping to visit family, friends or shops from using our residential streets as a shortcut.
Visitors who want to shop or visit family and friends are welcome. To support the local economy, businesses can now book their customers, staff and delivery drivers free access through the cameras by using RingGo - see below.
Simple steps to using RingGo for businesses
H&F businesses can use RingGo to give shoppers, staff and deliveries free access through the cameras in three easy steps.
- Sign up to RingGo via its app or online at www.myringgo.co.uk
- Register for a Business Visitor Access Permit at https://www.myringgo.co.uk/lbhf/permitapplications/add/100151/BVAC
- Enter the vehicle registration number of your business visitor with RingGo via its app or at www.myringgo.co.uk
If you have any queries please contact us:
- 020 7371 5678