All comments submitted for publication will be moderated by council officers before they are published.
We reserve the right not to publish any individual contribution we receive, or to edit contributions, particularly where they are repetitive or contravene our publishing policy set out below.
Please keep your contributions civil, tasteful and relevant.
We will not publish:
- messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually explicit or racially offensive;
- any comments we believe could lead to court action including defamatory comments, comments that risk prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings or which break a court injunction;
- any comments which contravene restrictions on local government resources being used for party political purposes;
- any comments which incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred;
- comments which contravene the council’s own anti-discrimination policies.
Please do not:
- send us content which you've copied from someone else and don't own the copyright to;
- make multiple postings on any single topic - we welcome your views but would like to include comments from as many different people as possible;
- use bad language – it will be edited out;
- send us personal information about yourself or anyone else - it is not acceptable to publish your or anyone else's contact details including address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service;
- send us advertising or promotional materials.
For H&F Council employees
Any comments you submit must also comply with the council's code of conduct and information management policy. Contraventions could lead to disciplinary action.
By sending us your views, you agree to grant Hammersmith & Fulham Council a perpetual, royalty-free, right to use, reproduce and modify your contribution. If you do not wish to grant such rights, it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to this site.
By submitting your contribution to this site, you also indemnify Hammersmith & Fulham Council against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the council as a result of publishing your contribution.
About your privacy
We will publish your name but not your contact details or email address.
In addition to posting your views on our website, we may also publish them in council publications.
We will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Be aware that in exceptional circumstances, such as where your contributions breach the law, we could be legally obliged to reveal your identity to the authorities.
If you would like to discuss the use of your data/pictures by the council, please contact us at email@example.com
The views published in our comments system are those of the individual contributor and should in no way be taken as representing the views of the council or as implying the council’s support for or endorsement of the views expressed.