Search for and comment on planning applications
Planning application search
Only valid planning applications are available via the search. We will try to put up-to-date information online as soon as possible but from time to time, there may be a short delay so please bear with us.
Help with commenting on planning applications
How to comment on a planning application
Your comments, whether submitted online, via email or in a letter, will become public documents. They cannot be treated as confidential even if the writer expressly wishes it (in accordance with the Local Government Act 2000).
What information is available via the database?
- Planning applications and associated documents: you can search, track and comment on current planning applications, and you can view documents including application forms, drawings and correspondence related to these applications.
- Historic planning records: Since 23 June 2005, application documents have been scanned and are available to view online. You can view application forms, drawings, reports and decisions related to these applications.
- Register of planning decisions: you can see all decision notices by searching the database.
- Planning appeals records: you can check the progress of a current planning appeal or browse past records.
- Weekly list of planning applications: you can view a list of all applications received or decided by week.
- Planning enforcement records: you can view planning enforcement notices.
This information is also available at Hammersmith Town Hall Extension, King Street, London W6 9JU.
Plans, drawing and all other material submitted to the council are protected by the Copyright Acts (in particular section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed according to approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the copyright owner’s prior permission.
Conditions of use
- The service may be unavailable between 1.00 am and 6.00 am as we carry out updates during this period.
- While we have made every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date, the data does not constitute a legal record, and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charges Search. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on inaccurate material contained on this site.
- The records available do not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning application, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed are undertaken entirely at the owner’s own risk.
- The information contained here does not constitute a full planning history and therefore cannot be relied upon to indicate planning history for a site. The application decision does not take the results of any subsequent appeals into account. For reasons of confidentiality, we may choose not to make available documents relating to certain planning applications.
- Under normal circumstances, plans and documents for new planning applications will be available for viewing within one working day of when we receive a valid application. If documents are not available you can try at a later date, or view the application at the planning office at the address above.
- For historic records, we have tried to provide as much information as possible, but there are gaps. We are working hard to update the database to include all past applications and to ensure that any gaps are filled.
- In accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended), any comments submitted will be made available for public inspection unless those comments are considered exempt information under Schedule 12A of the Local Government 1972.
- You’ll need Adobe Acrobat Viewer in order to view documents associated with applications.
- The PublicAccess search facility is set up for use with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Other internet browsers (eg. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) will work, except the map display, which may not be supported. We advise using Internet Explorer while browsing these records.