Electric vehicle charging bays and parking charges
Users of any electric vehicle charge point must follow the restrictions displayed on the signs relevant to the location. There are 3 types of bays in operation in the borough where you can charge your vehicle. These are:
- Shared use bays next to lamp post charge points
- Residential electric vehicle bays
- Destination electric vehicle bays
Shared use parking baysParking bays that are located next to lamp post column charging points operate as normal. There is no dispensation for electric vehicles parking in shared use bays. Users must either display a valid permit or pay and display ticket or have activated a RingGo parking session to use these bays.
Residential electric vehicle bays
There are bays in some residential streets which are designated for electric vehicles to park and recharge only.
There are no parking charges for electric vehicles using these bays, but vehicles must be plugged in and actively charging.
The control hours in operation at these bays have been designed to encourage vehicle turnover during the day but give residents longer periods to charge overnight.
Operating restrictions are as follows:
- From 9am to 7pm these bays operate as electric vehicle charging bays for use by any electric vehicle that is plugged in and actively charging. A maximum stay period of 4 hours will apply with a no return period of 4 hours during this time. The vehicle does not need a valid permit or pay and display ticket or need to have registered a session on RingGo during this period.
- From 7pm to 9am these bays are for use by residents with electric vehicles who have a valid resident's parking permit for the zone. The vehicle must be plugged in and actively charging.
Destination electric vehicle bays
There are a number of destination electric vehicle bays across the borough serving charge points operated by Source London.
These bays are reserved for electric vehicles only at all times with no maximum stay limit.
There are no parking charges for electric vehicles using these bays but vehicles must be plugged in and actively charging.