More about pay and display
All our parking zones have ‘shared use’ parking places where you can park with either a pay-and-display ticket, via our mobile parking app or with a parking permit for the relevant zone.
Our pay-and-display machines sell parking tickets in multiples of 30 minutes – watch our video guide for using new H&F parking machines. The minimum purchase period is 30 minutes, up to a maximum of eight hours. The exceptions to this are:
- Zone A, where the maximum stay is either two hours or four hours, depending on the location. See Map of Zone A and location of differing time zones (pdf, 115KB)
- Zones B, CC and G, where the maximum stay is two hours.
- Zones X & Y, where the normal maximum stay is eight hours, but where a one-hour maximum stay applies on controlled match dates.
The maximum stay restrictions don't apply if you have a visitor, resident or business permit.
Some parking places only allow certain types of parking, such as disabled bays, motorcycle bays, diplomatic vehicle bays, doctor bays and market trader bays.
Permit-holder-only restrictions in zones F, G and S
In zones F, G and S, parking is restricted to permit holders only, at specific times – see controlled zone hours and charges.
Visitor permit holders in zones F, G and S can only park during the permit-holder-only times. The visitor permit must be for the appropriate zone. In addition, visitors can also park in the appropriate pay-and-display-only bays.
There are no permit-holder hours in the Coomer Place Car Park (off North End Road).
Short stay bays
- In zones F, G, I, S, U and V, there are some parking bays which have maximum stays of 30 minutes, one hour or two hours. These bays are located in side streets, near junctions with main roads with busy shopping areas, as well as on Fulham Road, Goldhawk Road and Askew Road.
- If you’re a parking permit holder, please check the signs and restrictions for these short stay bays carefully, as some are for pay and display ticket holders only.
Pay and display charges
See Controlled Parking Zone times and charges for our current charges.
Paying for parking by phone is now available across Hammersmith & Fulham. Please visit our mobile parking page.
You have to buy a pay-and-display ticket at the time of parking, not in advance. Once you've bought a ticket, you can park anywhere within the zone shown on the ticket until the expiry time shown on the ticket. You can also drive your car from place to place within that zone, as long as you don't go into the wrong kind of bay.
There are signs which mark the boundaries between different zones. If you do need to park in a different zone, you’ll have to buy a ticket for that zone.
The pay-and display-machines shows the times when parking controls apply. In some zones, these times are also on the signs next to the parking bays. Some zones operate from Monday to Friday, others are Monday to Saturday. Zones CC and G both operate Monday to Sunday. Special match day restrictions apply in Zones X & Y on controlled match days when there is a football match at Fulham Football Club.
Faulty pay-and-display machines
If you find a machine that is faulty or has been vandalised, please tell us. Make a note of the number or location of the machine and the problem, and call us on 020 7371 5678 (you can leave a message at any time).
If you have lost money in a faulty machine, you should buy a pay-and-display ticket from the nearest working machine within the same controlled parking zone. For a refund, please write to LBHF Parking Services, PO box 67734, London W6 6FW. In your letter, please:
- tell us the date and time that you lost money
- tell us how much money you lost
- tell us the exact location of the faulty machine
- enclose the ticket that you bought from an alternative machine