eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
Library customers can download books, magazines and newspapers free online
- eBooks and eAudiobooks from Libby
- eMagazines from Libby
- eMagazines and eNewspapers from Press reader
eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines from Overdrive’s Libby app
The Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library! Getting started with Libby
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) device. Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid Hammersmith and Fulham Library card. (Your pin number is the pin/password you set up when you joined the library)
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you're on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen.
From there, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose whether you'd like to open a book in Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew Loan and Return Early.
Lending limits and loan periods on Libby
- Users can borrow up to 8 items at a time and holds can be placed on up to 3 titles at a time.
- The lending period for eBooks and an eAudio books is 14 days. The loan period for eMagazines is 21 days.
- There is no limit to the number of eMagazines that can be borrowed.
For more help with Libby, visit help.libbyapp.com.
Hammersmith and Fulham Library Service is pleased to announce that more than 3,000 popular magazines are now available to download and read on any device 24/7. Users with a library card can read digital magazines on Libby, the award-winning reading app from OverDrive, or visiting Overdrive.com. Top titles include Good Housekeeping, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone and many hundreds of other popular magazines from around the world (previously available through the RBdigital app).
Digital magazines through Libby have no waiting lists or reservations, do not count towards checkout limits and provide readers the option to renew their selections. Hammersmith and Fulham Library members can browse lists of magazines within the app and search by format to find available titles.
With over 6,000 publications from over 100 countries in over 60 languages, PressReader is the leading digital newspaper and magazine provider for premium content. Library members can access 1000s of newspapers and magazines in our libraries and on personal devices.
Read titles like National Post, The Guardian, Washington Post, Vogue, Forbes and much more from all over the world. The new PressReader platform lets you customise your reading experience, gain international perspectives and engage with topics of interest, often online before the print edition.
- Go to the PressReader website or download the PressReader app from your smartphone or tablet’s app store
- Select your library from the dropdown list
- Sign in with your library membership barcode and pin
- You can also access PressReader on your own device using Wi-Fi in our libraries - launch either the app or the PressReader website (no need to login with your library membership barcode and pin).
- Library members can access user guides, video tips and more on the PressReader Help Center website
Note every 30 days, go to your account, sign out and then back in again with your library card number to reactivate complimentary access for another 30 days. You may reactivate as many times as you wish. If you are asked to pay for PressReader, do not proceed, but go to your account and sign out and then sign back in by selecting your library name and entering your card number.