Our Volunteer Work Placement scheme opens up opportunities to residents who are disabled, long-term unemployed or returning to work after childcare to develop their skills and work experience.
We welcome applications from unemployed Hammersmith & Fulham residents who:
- need basic work experience to improve confidence and motivation
- need to develop workplace skills and experience to enable them to progress onto further training leading towards employment goals
- have shown a commitment to finding work but need practical work experience to back up training and/or qualifications
- have recently been made redundant and want to keep their experience and skills up-to-date while applying for new employment
- are aged 16+ (there is no maximum age limit to participate in the scheme)
For more information: Volunteer Work Placement (pdf 129kb) and Volunteer Scheme Leaflet (pdf 212kb)
How to apply
- live in Hammersmith & Fulham
- fill in the volunteer application form. We only accept CVs if accompanied by a completed application form.
- show how a work placement can support you to meet your employment or personal goals. We will match you to work placements which match your skills.
To apply for the volunteer work placement scheme go to >INSERT LINK
Alternatively, and for more information, contact Volunteering@lbhf.gov.uk
Volunteering in our libraries
We welcome volunteers to help in our libraries. Opportunities include supporting homework clubs and events like the Summer Reading Challenge, helping customers with ICT and learning and also being able to work in the archives. For more information contact your local library or email email@example.com
The Hammersmith & Fulham Volunteer Centre (HFVC) helps local unemployed people to find work placements and gain the experience and skills they need to move into work, through its People into Employment, Training and Education (PETE) project. The centre also runs a Youth X-press scheme offering work experience opportunities for 16-24 year olds.
Visit the HFVC website, drop in at the centre at 148 King Street (entrance on Galena Road) or call the team:
020 8741 9876
The HFVC is supported by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.