Apprenticeships and businesses
Taking on an apprentice is not just about helping someone find a foothold on the employment ladder – it can bring immediate benefits to your business.
The loyalty, enthusiasm and commitment shown by apprentices is often inspirational, and it can be very rewarding to see an apprentice thrive as a result of work experience and training. For many who were previously unemployed it’s a real step on to the employment ladder.
Our economic development team can help provide suitable job-ready, quality candidates, matching local residents to your needs. We will also fund and support apprentices to gain five nationally recognised qualifications during their one-year, fixed term contract.
The experts at Work Zone can help you find the right apprentice to meet your business needs by sending suitable, job-ready quality candidates for interview, and by supporting and mentoring your apprentices to gain accredited qualifications in your sector. A dedicated account manager will work with you throughout the apprenticeship.
What benefits can apprenticeships bring?
- increased productivity – and ultimately your bottom line
- reduced training and recruitment costs
- lower staff turnover
- skills gaps addressed
- a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- improved customer service
Apprenticeships – the facts
- all candidates go through a rigorous screening and induction process before being taken on by the employer
- an apprenticeship lasts 12 months and candidates commit to gaining a full qualification
- apprentices can gain up to five funded, nationally recognised qualifications including English, maths & ICT, without having to leave the workplace
- apprentices are five times more likely to stay with a company than employees who have not gone through the same training
- 80 per cent of employers believe apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
- 88 per cent of employers say their apprenticeship programme helps them fill vacancies more quickly
- 76 per cent of employers feel apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity.