Support for single people

Support for single homeless and vulnerable people who need help finding and keeping accommodation, and accessing services.

Our dedicated housing advisors will work with you to assess your support needs and housing circumstances and help you get the right support. This may include supported accommodation and floating support.

We aim to help you to find and keep accommodation and to access support services.

What is supported accommodation?

People living in supported accommodation receive housing related support from key workers. This support ranges from weekly visits to intensive 24-hour support, depending on people’s needs. The goal is to help people to live more independently.

Who is eligible?

You must:

  • have a local connection to Hammersmith & Fulham, and have lived in the borough for 6 out of the last 12 months or 3 out of the last 5 years
  • be homeless or at risk of becoming homelessness
  • have ongoing support needs
  • be willing to work with a key worker who is there to support you

How can I be referred?

You can refer yourself or you can be referred by an organisation. For example:

  • Social care services
  • Mental health teams
  • Rough sleeper services
  • Substance misuse services
  • Youth Offending Service
  • Probation service
  • Local advice agencies

How will I be assessed?

  1. You or a professional, such as a support worker, will need to complete our housing advice contact form to access the referral form. This must be sent to us, along with reports and assessments completed by other people working with you. The housing advice contact form can be found here: housing advice contact form.
  2. A housing advisor will review your referral form and assess your housing and support needs. They will contact the person who referred you for further information if needed.
  3. Your housing advisor will then work with you to create a Personal Housing Plan.

If we think that supported accommodation would be suitable for you, we’ll put you on a waiting list with other people with similar needs. We may offer you unsupported temporary accommodation while you wait.

If we think that supported accommodation is not suitable for you, your advisor will work with you to look at other options which can help prevent you becoming homeless or help find you somewhere to live.

What happens after I join the waiting list for supported accommodation?

We receive details of vacancies about supported accommodation projects in the borough and we will match you to somewhere that will provide you with the support you need.

What happens once I’m in supported accommodation?

While you are in supported accommodation, we contact your key workers or care managers regularly to make sure you are getting the right support. We can help to find alternative accommodation if your needs change.

Your key worker will continue to work with you to help find permanent housing once you feel more able to live independently.

Translate this website