Housing representatives’ forum
If you are a member of a tenants and residents association (TRA), a sheltered housing representative, or a representative from one of our other involvement groups, you can join the housing representatives forum.
The purpose of the forum is to co-ordinate the work of TRAs, sheltered housing representatives, and the involvement groups. The housing representatives forum makes sure that residents’ views are reflected in all aspects of housing services and makes recommendations on all areas relating to the delivery of housing services. The forum is an important part of the resident-led decision-making process.
The aims of the forum are to:
- identify priorities for service provision
- be a sounding board for new projects and pilot activities
- make sure that residents’ views are reflected in the design and provision of services
- make better decisions by responding to resident priorities
- review and comment on the work of the improvement groups
- improve communities and neighbourhoods
- monitor and review the progress of the resident involvement strategy
- be a part of a representative body for residents
- make recommendations on all matters relating to the delivery of housing services
- act in an advisory capacity to officers and as a sounding board for the development of future projects and policies
- help to co-ordinate and develop the work of the other resident involvement groups
- make sure that residents’ views are reflected in all aspects of housing services across the housing department
- review housing performance
- review the resident involvement strategy delivery plan.
There is a meeting of the Housing Representatives' Forum on 16 July 2019 at 11am. A surgery will be held before the meeting at 10:30am. The papers are listed below:
- Seven meetings per year
- Meetings are usually held at the Hammersmith Town Hall
- Membership to the forum is by election through each tenants and residents association (TRA), at each sheltered housing scheme, or by being a representative from a gap site or street property
- Representatives are elected on an annual basis
- Commitment of at least 12 months
- Up to three hours for each month that the meetings take place in
Housing representatives' forum meetings take place seven times per year, alternating between morning and evening. This meeting is for elected members of TRAs, sheltered housing schemes, small block and street property representatives, and chairs and vice chairs of service improvement group.
Visit our online archive for previous meeting papers.
If you'd like to know more, please see our factsheet (pdf 122KB).
Resident Involvement Team
020 8753 6652