Disabled People's Housing Strategy Implementation Group (DPHSIG)
We are working in co-production with Disabled people to make our housing better. Help us to make sure that Disabled residents and the people that support them have a strong voice.
Through our work with Disabled people, we are committed to "Nothing About Disabled People Without Disabled People".
The aims of the Disabled People's Housing Strategy Implementation Group are to:
- ensure that Disabled residents and the people that support them (family members and carers) have a strong voice. The group ethos is "Nothing About Disabled People Without Disabled People". The group takes a social model of disability approach to its work, with a commitment to inclusivity and accessibility
- co-produce the implementation of the Disabled People's Housing Strategy 2021 and its 4 objectives.
These objectives are to:
- introduce a culture of co-production with Disabled residents to shape housing services
- improve access to housing information
- improve housing services with Disabled residents
- identify ways to increase the supply of accessible housing.
For more information view the group's terms of reference and the Disabled People's Housing Strategy.
I feel proud and privileged of being part of the DPHSIG since it started. It's great to be part of a group of people that are passionate and invested in making a difference for Disabled people's housing. We have already made a small difference and we have only just started.
Claudia Domingues, Disabled resident and co-chair of DPHSIG
- Meetings are usually held at least 4 times a year, online or in person.
- You will be asked to become a member of a group and make a commitment of at least 12 months.
- You need to be able to spare at least 3 hours per quarter.
Interested in joining us?
If you’d like to work with us to shape housing services, agree policies and make decisions, please let us know!
Contact the resident involvement team on 020 8753 6652 or email GetInvolved@lbhf.gov.uk