Adult social care complaints
How to make a complaint about adult social care or thank them for their help
Good or bad your feedback is important to us. Your experience counts and helps us improve adult social care for all.
Getting in touch
You can contact the customer feedback team by:
- 0800 587 0072 or 020 8753 5339
- Room 229, Hammersmith Town Hall, King Street, London W6 9JU.
It is also useful for us to hear from you when we get things right. Your compliment will help us to be sure we are delivering services of the highest standard.
The process and what you can expect
The customer feedback team will provide you with a helpful service ensuring that there is no impact on your current service provision or any future decision about the service you receive.
To ensure this, we will:
- go through the details of your comment or complaint and agree a reasonable date for response
- provide you with support if you need help to make a comment or complaint
- explain the complaints process to you
- write to you within three working days to let you know who is handling your complaint
- take your comment or complaint seriously and make sure you receive a full and fair response
- let you know if we need more time and agree an alternative timescale with you
- put things right for you if we can and learn from any mistakes to improve our services
- advise and support you if your complaint is about another body acting on our behalf.
The usual time limit for making your complaint is 12 months from the date you became aware of the problem.
What if I remain unhappy?
If you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to look into it.