Discover how H&F is dealing with water and land pollution in the borough.

Contaminated land

Find out about our contaminated land strategy, how to make an enquiry about a property or site in the borough, or get help with contaminated land and the planning process.

Contaminated land

Dry cleaners

To operate a dry cleaning machine you need to have a permit from us.

Dry cleaners

Private water supplies

All private water supplies have to be registered with us. You also have to test the water on a regular basis and report the results to us. For further information or to tell us about a new water supply, please contact us via one of the methods below.

Hazardous substances

Call 020 7332 3433 to arrange for a collection by our contractors, the City of London, or visit the City of London's hazardous waste collection web page to do it online.

Any full or part full containers of paint can be reused by the London Reuse Network. Please visit our bulky waste collections web page for further information and for details of how to book a collection.

See information about asbestos on the Health and Safety Executive website.

Public register

Contact us for more information about our public register. This register also includes information from the Environment Agency’s Public Registers about any regulated facilities (other than mobile plant) for which they are the regulator and which is within our area.

Contact us

By post:
Environmental Quality
5th floor Hammersmith Town Hall Extension
King Street
W6 9JU

020 8753 1081


Translate this website