We want to give our community groups and local businesses, here in Hammersmith & Fulham, the tools to come together during emergencies and respond effectively.
What does community resilience look like?
- Community members are more connected with their neighbours, family and friends
- Residents are aware of the skills they have that might be useful in an emergency. For example those who drive may be able to transport others or necessary supplies
- Members among the community have learnt emergency specific skills such as first aid or CPR
- Local knowledge held by the community is informing how emergency responders plan and prepare for emergencies
- The community has a positive mental outlook and confidence that they have the tools to deal with emergencies.
Tell us what support you can provide in an emergency
We have created a website for community organisations and businesses in the borough that allows you to communicate with the council in the case of emergencies, share best practice and network with each other.
To join the website email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resident and community group presentations
If you would like us to come to your group meeting and give a presentation on what you can do in your community to prepare for emergencies, email email@example.com
H&F Volunteer Centre
Our emergency response team will have even more support after the H&F Volunteer Centre recently formed its own community resilience volunteer scheme.
After the Grenfell Tower blaze, the volunteer centre realised there were an abundance of residents with useful skills and experience who were unable to help as there was not enough time to vet the individuals.
The CAMERA (Coordinating and Mobilising Emergency Response Activists) scheme will establish an emergency programme of trusted and vetted volunteers and provide emergency awareness.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8741 9876.
Nextdoor is a great way to connect with your neighbours and find out what’s going on in your local community.
It's free to join and is being used by lots of residents across Hammersmith & Fulham. Because of this, we use Nextdoors as a primary platform to communicate with residents in the case of emergency.