Complaints about fraud
The Hammersmith & Fulham Council corporate anti-fraud service, or CAFS, are responsible for protecting the council against fraud and corruption.
The fraud that we deal with falls into two categories:
- External fraud - committed by the public
- Internal fraud - committed by staff, contractors or councillors.
External fraud falls into three general areas:
- Benefit fraud via the housing benefit (LHA) and council tax support schemes. Find out more about benefit fraud.
- Housing fraud such as subletting, unlawfully false claims for assignment or succession, and false applications for housing or rehousing. Find out more about housing fraud. To report a housing fraud, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or report it online. Alternatively you can call the fraud hotline or write to us using the below contact details below.
- Other fraud such as false applications for social care or parking permits or council tax and business rates discounts etc. To report one of these fraud types, please email us at CAFS@lbhf.gov.uk or call the fraud hotline or write to us using the contact details below.
To report internal fraud, please email us at CAFS@lbhf.gov.uk or call the fraud hotline, text us, or write to us using the contact details below.
If you suspect someone of committing fraud against the council please tell us.
You do not have to give your name and all information will be treated confidentially.
Corporate Anti Fraud Service
London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
4th Floor Town Hall
London W6 9JU
020 8753 1273