Adult social care compliments, comments and complaints

How to make a compliant about adult social care and our process in dealing with the complaint.

We like to put our residents at the centre of what we do, and your views are important to us. We are committed to providing high quality services for local residents and if you have had a good experience please tell us.

We recognise that we do not get things right all the time and take comments and complaints seriously so that we can learn from your experience to put things right.

How to contact us

Making a complaint: the process and what you can expect

Complaints can be made by the person receiving a service, someone acting on behalf of them with their consent, or the next of kin if they do not have capacity to make decisions on their own behalf. 

We will clarify the issues you are unhappy about and support you to make a complaint about the issues concerning you. The focus will be on resolving the issues and you will not be treated differently because you have made a complaint and there will be no impact on your current service provision or any future decision about the service you receive.

We respond to most complaints within 10 working days but will agree a realistic timescale with you proportionate to the complexity.

To ensure this, we will:

  • go through the details of your comment or complaint and agree a reasonable date for response
  • provide you with support if you need help to make a comment or complaint
  • explain the complaints process to you
  • write to you within three working days to let you know who is handling your complaint
  • take your comment or complaint seriously and make sure you receive a full and fair response by the agreed date
  • let you know if we need more time and agree an alternative timescale with you
  • put things right for you if we can and learn from any mistakes to improve our services 
  • advise and support you if your complaint is about another body acting on our behalf.

The usual time limit for making your complaint is 12 months from the date you became aware of the problem. 

Taking things further

If you are not happy with the final decision or the way that we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman. They will not usually consider your complaint until it has finished the council complaints process. 

Translate this website