We have been working to improve the online offer for council tax and benefits and have launched new functionality.
You will need to re-verify your account so please take a note of your council tax, council tax support or benefits account number as you will need it to connect to the new system.
In the new system you will be able to:
- view your council tax bills and payment information
- search for your council tax band
- set up and manage your direct debit
- apply online for a range of discounts and exemptions for council tax and in some cases see your account update in real time
- claim any refunds that are due to you
- check your council tax support or housing benefits information
- tell us about a change of circumstances
Shortly we will also be launching e-billing and real time access to your bills and notifications including the ability to save a PDF copy and the ability to manage arrangements to repay debt.
In order to ensure your data security and to access the new functionality, you need to link your council tax and benefits accounts. You’ll need to do this even if you previously had an account. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but it’s important to us that we protect your data.
Click on the link below to go to log into or register with My Account.
Once you are logged in to My Account you will see a button to take you to the new functionality where you will be asked for your council tax or benefits account number and some security questions to complete the set-up.
If you experience any problems verifying your identity, you will be given the opportunity to receive a pin through the post that you will be able to use to log in for the first time.
Help and FAQs
If you need help using or accessing your accounts in the new system please see Council tax and benefits online account help