Citizens Advice H&F – ROOF+
Citizens Advice H&F - ROOF+ (it stands for Renters, Owners, Occupiers & Families + Advocacy) is funded by H&F Council and informs, educates and advises residents on rents rights and responsibilities. It aims to prevent homelessness by targeting residents with housing issues, and runs in partnership with H&F Community Law Centre, which provides advocacy and legal representation.
31 March 2018
Annual funding level:
In the past year:
- The 41 volunteers have supported 1,441 residents, generating more than £1million in extra household income.
The main advice topics are housing benefit, rent arrears, homelessness, council tax tenancy issues, repairs and evictions. Via one-to-one work, 316 residents were supported in retaining tenancies, and many residents were assisted with negotiating rent arrears payments. More than 4,000 advice factsheets were distributed, 373 clients were individually advised, while the H&F Law Centre helped a further 254 residents. Training was delivered at 40 venues in the borough, with 803 taking part, as well as 265 front-line workers. It has boost residents’ knowledge about housing tenancy matters.
- “The session has been an eye opener for me.”
- “I learned so many things that I will share with my family.”
- “Excellent session from the CAB. Please do keep the support up.”
- “Fantastic presentation – now I know where to find good deals.”
Related news stories
- Tackling food poverty at ground-breaking H&F hub (16 March 2016)
- H&F Council-funded charities join forces to transform lives (27 June 2016)
- New food bank collection point to help fight against food poverty in Hammersmith & Fulham (19 June 2015)