H&F Civic Honours
Your chance to say thank you!
Who are the people who make you love to live in Hammersmith & Fulham? Why not nominate them for the H&F Civic Honours: for contributions to civic life.
Nominations for the 2020 Civic Honours have now closed.
All entries will be considered by a panel of judges.
You may have been bowled over by a single act of personal courage or been impressed by the consistent kindness of voluntary groups. Whoever you’re grateful for, this is your chance to say thank you by nominating them for one of the categories below.
- Most dedicated volunteer – a person or group that has selflessly dedicated their time to help their neighbourhood or wider community through organised or informal voluntary work.
- Bringing people together – a person or organisation that has brought the community together around a shared idea, or helped unite different communities in our borough.
- Community organiser - someone who has demonstrated inspiring leadership in, for example, running a residents' association, scout group or community fundraising campaign.
- Acts of compassion – a person or organisation that has shown dedication and selflessness in supporting those who are sick, homeless, lonely or otherwise in need of care and support.
- Contributions to art, culture or heritage – a person or organisation that has brought new ideas and inspiration to the borough or worked to promote and celebrate our borough’s heritage.
- Contributions to health and well-being – a person or organisation that has supported the community to improve our quality of life.
- Improving our environment – a person or organisation that has run a high profile campaign, or achieved real changes in the quality of our local environment.
- Lifetime achievement – an individual who has given outstanding service to the community over many years.
You can nominate anyone who lives, works, studies or volunteers in H&F, or any community organisation working in the borough*. You can’t nominate yourself but if you’ve done something you’re proud of, you can encourage others to put your name forward. In all categories, we particularly welcome nominations for people or organisations who have celebrated, promoted or fostered diversity and inclusion.
* H&F councillors are not eligible to be nominated.
The awards ceremony
Finalists in each category will be invited to a gala dinner and awards ceremony on Thursday 4 June at Bush Hall in Shepherds Bush.