In-year admissions

If you have recently moved to the borough or arrived in the UK from another country, you may need to arrange an 'in-year' school admission.

An in-year admission is when you apply to a school outside the normal admissions round and at a time when your child should already be attending school.

You would normally be making an in-year application if you have recently moved, you have arrived from another country or you want to transfer your child to another school.

If your child is already in school and you are thinking about a transfer to another school, you will need to be aware that many schools will already be full. It is advised that you avoid changing school when your child is in Year 6 of primary school or Year 10 or 11 of secondary school.

This is an important time in your child’s education so you should only consider moving school if there is very good reason to do so.

How to apply

You can apply to us for schools located in Hammersmith & Fulham. For some schools you will need to apply direct. These will be listed in the guidance notes below. 

Secondary in-year admissions

Primary in-year admissions

For the best results please take the following steps:

  1. Download the form you want to use.
  2. Use Adobe Acrobat or the equivalent on your computer to complete the electronic pdf form on your computer.
  3. If you use the printable form please fill it out and scan it in.
  4. Send your completed form to

Translate this website