An ‘in-year admission’ is when you apply to a school outside the normal admissions round and at a time when your child should already be attending school.
You would normally be making an in-year application if you have recently moved, you have arrived from another country or you want to transfer your child to another school.
If your child is already in school and you are thinking about a transfer to another school, you will need to be aware that many schools will already be full. It is advised that you avoid changing school when your child is in Year 6 of primary school or Year 10 or 11 of secondary school. This is an important time in your child’s education so you should only consider moving school if there is very good reason to do so.
How to apply
You can apply to us for schools located in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. For some schools you will need to apply direct. These will be listed in the guidance notes below.
Secondary in-year admissions
Primary in-year admissions
Online interactive in-year admission forms
- Primary (online interactive) application form (pdf 95KB)
- Secondary (online interactive) application form
For the best results please take the following steps:
- Download the form to your computer and save.
- Complete the form using Adobe Acrobat (or the equivalent on your computer).
- Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.