ACE stands for the attendance (statutory), child employment & entertainment, elective home education and children missing education team.
We provide advice and support to school staff and parents/carers on:
- school attendance (statutory functions)
- child employment and entertainment
- elective home education
- children missing education
- exclusion from school.
What we do
- Issue performance licenses for children in entertainment and work permits for juvenile employees. See Children in Entertainment & Employment
- Maintain a register of children missing education and ensuring their return to provision
- Oversee all children electively home-educated
- Issue penalty notices for non-attendance at school
- Coordination of prosecutions on behalf of school staff in relation to non-attendance at school. Also initiate School Attendance Orders (SAO), as appropriate, when parents/carers fail to ensure that their child is in receipt of a suitable education.
We support schools in fulfilling their statutory functions in relation to attendance. This includes:
- advice on registration codes and register inspections
- off-rolling and notifications of children missing education (CME), defined as those without provision as opposed to non-attendees
- the process for exclusion from school, both fixed term and permanent
- support with whole-school initiatives to improve attendance
Our ACE reference manual gives advice and guidance on policies, procedures and legislation to professionals in the team’s areas of responsibility.
ACE Team Green Zone,
Kensington Town Hall,
London W8 7NX
Richie Adeyeye - Lead Adviser (entertainment, employment and penalty notices)
0207 745 6611
Kyria Parsons - Lead Adviser (Children missing education and elective home education)
0207 745 6615
Paul Worts - Senior exclusions officer
0207 745 6614
Elizabeth Spearman - Head of ACE
0207 745 6610
To request attendance support for individual pupils and their families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org