Free child care eligibility checker privacy notice
Purpose for processing your information
The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham as Data Controller will be responsible for collecting and processing the personal data that you supply for the free child care eligibility checker. Inputting your personal data into the system will allow you to check your eligibility for free child care that can be used for early years education with registered childminders, nurseries or pre-schools.
The Data Protection Act 2018 states that we must have a lawful basis or reason before we can start to collect or process your personal data. For processing this data we are relying GDPR A6,(1,a) “the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;” Note that you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
We collect the following information:
We only collect the minimum amount of personal data required to determine whether or not you are eligible for free childcare. We collect and hold the following information in relation to you and your child:
- Personal data (names, date of birth, addresses, telephone and email address)
- Characteristics (gender)
Who is your personal data shared with?
The council works with an organisation called Family Support Service who may assist you in completing the application. We will not share your personal data with any other organisation unless we are legally bound to do so for example if a legitimate request is made by law enforcement.
How long do we keep your information?
Your personal data in relation to the checker will be kept for 1 month after the eligibility has been checked. The data will then be permanently and securely destroyed.
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. General Data Protection Regulations also give you additional rights The ICO website contains the full list https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
You have a right to:
- Withdraw consent and have the right to object and restrict further processing of your data; however, this may affect service delivery to you.
- Request to have your data deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and provided there are no legitimate grounds for retaining it.
- Request your data to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Have your data transferred or copied should you move to another authority
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
If you have any concerns
You have the right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information. Please email email@example.com
You can also lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner who is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. See their website https://ico.org.uk/