Reducing your bill
Your business rates bill may be reduced as a result of one or more of the following being granted:
- Small business rate relief information and application form (pdf 348KB)
- Retail, Hospitality, and Leisure Business Rates Relief Scheme
- Charitable relief information and application form (pdf 334KB)
- Transitional arrangements
- Exemptions and unoccupied properties
- Hardship relief - please contact us.
In addition the government's explanatory notes provide more information on many of these areas.
Ratepayers do not have to be represented in discussions about their rateable value, their rates bill or applying for discounts/reliefs. However, ratepayers who do wish to be represented should be aware that members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV) are qualified and are regulated by rules of professional conduct designed to protect the public from misconduct.
Before you employ a rating adviser, you should check that they have the necessary knowledge and expertise, as well as appropriate indemnity insurance. Take great care and, if necessary, seek further advice before entering into any contract.