Pineapple Park (William Parnell Park)
Pineapple Park, also know as William Parnell Park, is in Sands End in the south of the borough. It has entrances from Pearscroft Road, Bagley's Lane, Stephendale Road, Marinefield Road and Gilstead Road.
Nearest tube: Parsons Green (District Line)
The park can be accessed from Pearscroft Road, Bagley's Lane, Stephendale Road, Marinefield Road and Gilstead Road. The nearest main roads are Wandsworth Bridge Road and New Kings Road.
- play area 0-5 years
- play area 5-12+ years
- grassy area for informal play and sports
In 1959 the London County Council (LCC) leased the land to the council at a nominal rent of £1 per year and it was later transferred to the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. The open space was originally named Langford Garden but subsequently changed to William Parnell Park, and opened in July 1961. It is also known locally as Pineapple Park as a reference to the wooden pineapple sculpture in the park.