Ravenscourt Park display – Saturday 2 November 2019
Remember, remember the 2nd of November! It marks the return of the popular annual fireworks display in Ravenscourt Park.
All eyes and ears will be on the park in Hammersmith this year as the Bishop’s Park display will not take place due to building works at nearby Craven Cottage.
The Ravenscourt Park fireworks on the Saturday will have two big moments – the children’s display and the main display. The fun starts from 4pm with the fun fair, as well as a host of food stalls and bars. Don’t miss it.
Event time – 4pm-10pm
Children’s firework display – 6.30pm
Main firework display – 8.30pm
Gates close at 8pm to give us time to clear the way for people who want to leave after the main display has taken place.
For this reason, there is strictly no admittance to anyone (including advanced ticket holders) after 8pm.
There will only be a small number of tickets available to buy on the night at the box office. Queues for the box office are usually longer than advance ticket holder queues.
To guarantee entry and avoid queues on the night please buy your tickets in advance and arrive early.
- £6 Early Bird tickets (available to purchase from 27 September until 11 October 2019)
- £8.30 Advance tickets (available to purchase from 11 October to 2 November 2019)
- £8.30 box office tickets at the gates
Limited tickets will be available to buy on the night, but the best way to guarantee entry and avoid the queue for the box office is to buy your tickets in advance. Cash or card accepted.
Admission is free for children under five, and also for wheelchair users and those with mobility issues and their helper.
There will be live music, fire performers, a funfair, food stalls and new bars serving up a wider selection of drinks than ever before. You will be able to pay by card at the bar, food stalls and ticket box office.
Travel, parking and access
Ravenscourt Park entrances are on Ravenscourt Avenue (junction of King Street), and Paddenswick Road (near junction of Goldhawk Road).
Wheelchair users and those with mobility issues are welcome at the H&F firework nights and our staff will be on hand to assist you when entering via the Disabled access gate.
- Disabled access gate Ravenscourt Park: Ravenscourt Park (the road), junction of Ravenscourt Gardens. See access map below.
There will be a Disabled viewing area with accessible toilet which our staff will be more than happy to escort you to. Otherwise, please feel free to access any part of the event area.
Please be aware that the event is on a green field site and some areas will be hard to negotiate, particularly in poor weather conditions.
Traveling to the event
Parking near Ravenscourt Park will be limited on the night as there will be a traffic management order in place closing surrounding roads to local access only. The easiest way to travel to the event will be via nearby public transport links.
Nearest tube stations
Due to planned closure on the District line, District line trains will not be stopping at Hammersmith, Ravenscourt Park, Stamford Brook or Turnham Green.
The nearest tube stations are:
- Hammersmith Broadway - Piccadilly line, Hammersmith & City line (15min walk)
- Goldhawk Road - Hammersmith & City line (15min walk)
Nearest Buses: 27, 190, 267, 391, H91, N9, N11
Map: Link to Google map
There will be a ‘no waiting or loading at any time’ restriction in the roads listed below between 5pm and 10pm on Saturday 2 November:
- Goldhawk Road (east side, north and south of Ravenscourt Gardens)
- Paddenswick Road (south west side, between Goldhawk Road and Dorville Crescent)
- Ravenscourt Park, Hamlet Gardens and Ravenscourt Road.
No parking will be available outside the Paddenswick Road entrance, or on Ravenscourt Avenue to the park between 4pm and 11pm on Saturday 2 November.
There will be road closures on the following roads which will allow local access only to residents.
- Ravenscourt Gardens (junction with Goldhawk Road)
- Hamlet Gardens (junction with Ravenscourt Park)
- Ravenscourt Park (junction with King Street)
- Ravenscourt Avenue (junction with King Street)
Security checks will take place at all gates, including body and bag searches. It’s best to arrive early to avoid queues.
There will be security dog teams based on site to provide extra security for attendees.
Items restricted from being brought onto the site during the event include – alcohol, sparklers, fireworks, skateboards, bicycles, dogs (unless guide dogs), illegal drugs and weapons.
Event set-up: The work to set up the event will start on Friday 1 November but the park will remain open on Friday. Please be advised that there will be vehicle movement (marshalled by stewards) taking place in the park while event organisers set up.
The park will be closed to the public from dawn on Saturday 2 November until Sunday 3 November, 12 noon.
They will be packing up on Sunday 3 November from 7am to 12 noon.
The all-weather football pitch and the area on the junction of King Street and Ravenscourt Park (the road) will remain open during usual park opening times.
Letter to residents
- Tickets can be purchased via cash or debit/credit card at the box office on the night however longer queues are expected at the box office.
- To avoid box office queues and possibility of non-entry please arrive early and purchase early bird or advance tickets.
- Ticketmaster/Universe are the official ticketing provider for the event. Tickets purchased from any other ticketing vendor will not be accepted.
- Cash and card payments will be accepted by bars and food vendors.
- There will be no cash-point available within the event.
- First aid points and exits will be clearly signposted within the event site.