Winter is here. Soaring energy prices and falling temperatures create big worries for many local people and families in need.
We can help. H&F has a dedicated team to help at this difficult time. We can discuss your financial circumstances and provide help and advice with:
- fuel vouchers
- council tax
- rent and discretionary housing payments
- free school meals and clothing grants
- local support payments for hardship, crises and emergencies
- budgeting advice.
Call our cost-of-living crisis team for free on 0800 917 6994 (8am-6pm, Monday to Friday). Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Run out of gas or electricity?
Your energy supplier should give you temporary credit if you can’t top up. If you are on a pre-payment meter or just struggling to heat your home, you may be eligible for Fuel Payment Vouchers.
Or call us on freephone 0800 917 6994 (8am-6pm, Monday to Friday).
Please check on your neighbours
Older people, children, or those who have chest or heart problems, or mental health conditions are more at risk of ill health and in need of more support.
As some people may limit their heating use due to the impact of rising energy bills, please check on your neighbours. It could help save lives.
Need a warm and friendly place to go?
We have activity hubs, Warm Welcomes, across the borough where you’ll get a friendly welcome to participate in activities and keep warm, have a free or low-cost healthy meal or just get some advice.
The Warm Welcome locations include:
- Sands End Arts & Community Centre, Peterborough Road, SW6 3EZ
- Our Lady of Fatima church, Commonwealth Avenue, W12 7QR
- Old Oak Community Centre, Braybrook Street, W12 0AP
- Earls Court Community Hub, 1a Aisgill Avenue, W14 9NF
- Nourish Hub, Swanscombe House, 1 St Anns Road, London W11 4SS.
For details of opening hours and activities please visit our Warm Welcomes webpage.
Our libraries also serve as warm spaces throughout the day:
- Askew Road Library, W12 9AS
- Avonmore Library and neighbourhood centre, W14 8TG
- Fulham Library, SW6 5NX
- Hammersmith Library, W6 7AT
- Shepherds Bush Library, W12 7BF.
For details and opening hours for our libraries visit our find your library webpage.
Read more about keeping yourself warm on our Living Independently website.
Need help with food?
H&F Foodbank is just one of the local organisations that can help you or your family with food. They’re open every week across four locations in H&F.
They offer free food parcels to residents in need upon referral. Call them on 020 7731 3693 or visit the Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank website.
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.