Weekly progress report – Safer Cycle Pathway
Here is the latest weekly news on the works to significantly upgrade and improve Hammersmith for cyclists, pedestrians and motorists which started in King Street on 1 August 2021.
Friday 10 December 2021
Junction with Macbeth Street
- Redikerb island built for the signal and cycle lane.
Junction with Holcombe Street
- Installation of new Redikerb island for the floating bus stop.
- Installation of the floating shelter and completed floating island.
Junction with Studland Street
- New Redikerb island built.
Junction with Rivercourt Road
- Installation of Redikerb island for the floating bus stop and new shelter.
- Commissioned new traffic signal outside Latymer Upper school.
Junction with Beavor Lane
- Iinstallation of the RediKerb island and new shelter for the floating bus stop.
- Commissioned new traffic signal at Beavor Lane.
Junction with Goldhawk Road
- Installation of the RediKerb island and new shelter for the floating bus stop.
- On Friday 3 December we managed to complete full width of resurfacing works between Leamore Street to Gyratory.
- We took off 70mm surface from the carriageway and replaced of 70mm Surelayer as provided in the programme.
- Measurement of kerb upstand from the existing carriageway remains the same after resurfacing.
Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 December
- Reinstating pavements at Lyric Square and Bridge Avenue.
- Completing kerb line at Lyric Square and Bridge Avenue.
- Completed remaining tarmac work on the floating island and signal island.
- Paving around the remaining controllers.
- Clearing site.