BBC TV centre planning applications updates
The purpose of this page is to provide updates on the progress of the planning applications for the site, and provide a single point to access the most up to date information available on the progress of the development proposals through the planning process.
Wednesday July 16, 2014
Stanhope and the BBC have submitted a revised planning application and listed building consent for the comprehensive redevelopment of the former BBC Television Centre in Wood Lane.
The new scheme comprises a modified version of the development for which planning approval was granted on 9th July 2014 (Ref: 2013/02355/COMB), with Plots D and E now submitted in detailed form.
The new proposals comprise various works to the Grade II listed building, including partial demolitions, new build and external/internal alterations, and the redevelopment of the outbuildings to provide new buildings to provide up to 942 residential units, new office floorspace, a private members club, retail, restaurant, leisure floorspace and a hotel.
The proposals include the provision of an enhanced public realm by opening up the front forecourt, the Helios central Courtyard and the various site routes.
The main changes to the development relate to:
- Plot A: New proposals intend to demolish part of the listed building, whereas previous scheme opted to refurbish the existing building. New sui generis use proposed at upper floors (Private Members Club);
- Plot B: The rear nibs are now proposed for demolition;
- Plot C: Internal and external alterations to the building;
- Plot D: New proposals are for a Class B1 (Business) use, whereas previous scheme was for residential (Class C3);
- Plot E: Internal and external alterations to the building;
- Plot F: No change;
- Plot G: No change;
- Plot H: No change;
- Public Realm: New landscaping plan and external alterations to the Helios Courtyard to provide access to basement level gym (Class D2).
Thursday September 26, 2013
The applicant has submitted further information to the Council in respect of the Environmental Statement and has submitted amendments to the proposal including:
- Alterations to layout of Plot F
- External alterations to front forecourt landscaping scheme
- Internal alterations to internal layout of plot C (to accommodate a new platform lift)
- External alterations to ground floor elevation adjacent to Helios courtyard and rear elevations of plot B
- Modified energy strategy which now proposes installation of a CHP plant and associated equipment.