Apply for a parking suspension (utility companies)
Terms and conditions
1. We suspend parking bays for utility companies to carry out works to enable access to the requested site. Suspensions are given for the first day of work only in order to preserve the space needed.
2. If a suspension is for traffic flow we will suspend for each day.
3. Suspension of bays requires at least eight days notice. Applications including payment must be received no later than 3pm on the eighth day before the date requested. We count Saturdays and Sundays as notification days, you should take these days into account when arranging a suspension.
4. If you require suspension of bays longer than 30 metres or for more than three days this requires more notice. Call us on 020 7371 5678, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays) and speak to the Duty Suspension Officer for further advice or information. A bay is approximately five metres in length.
5. A suspension fee applies for each chargeable day. The fee is calculated as follows:
- days 1 to 5, £44 per bay per day
- days 6 to 42, £66 per bay per day
- day 43 or longer, £88 per bay per day.
6. We accept credit and debit card telephone payments, except for payments by American Express or Diners cards. We don't accept cheques by post. It may also be possible to pay amounts over £2,500 by bank transfer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that full payment is received by the deadline date, or the application will be declined.
7. The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham provides the parking suspension service in accordance with statutory powers and duties. Reasonable care will be taken in processing applications. However, no liability is accepted for any financial loss (either direct or consequential) that may arise as a result of accepting an application.
8. Suspensions are not granted for cars, people carriers and four-wheel-drive vehicles. Please seek advice to avoid receiving any unnecessary parking fines.
9. Suspensions only apply during the controlled hours of the parking zone. If you have any problems with illegally parked vehicles in the suspended area booked, call us on 020 7371 5678, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, or Saturday 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays. Even if you have booked a suspension, we can't guarantee to remove all vehicles parked in a suspended bay.
10. We must be given at least two working days’ notice in writing for all cancellations, otherwise no refund will be issued. There is a £35 fee for any cancellation of a parking suspension.
11. If you need to amend the suspension you have booked, you must contact us in writing, at least eight days before the new date. There is a £35 fee for any amendment to a parking suspension.
12. You must provide the council permit number or works order number on the application form.
13. When renewing or extending a suspension, the charges due will continue to apply as per the fees above, unless there is one week between the expiry of the current suspension and the start date of the renewal.
All fields marked with * must be completed.