- Renew your parking permit online
- Where’s my PIN number?
- Apply or renew by post or email
- Temporary parking permits
- Residents’ parking permit charges
- Housing estate parking permits
- Greener vehicle permits
- Replacement permits
- Second car permits
- Further information
- To renew online, you’ll need your permit number and PIN number. (See below). You have up to 14 days after your permit expires to use the online service. After that, you have to complete a new application form and provide full documentary evidence.
If you're eligible to renew online we’ll send you a PIN number in your reminder letter in the month your permit is due to expire.
We'll only include a PIN number in the reminder if you are a current permit holder, registered for council tax and your name is on the council tax account. You also have to be up to date with your council tax payments and have made no changes to your permit in the last 12 months.
We’ve only started sending PIN numbers since 1 October 2017.
If your reminder letter doesn't include a PIN number please use the paper application form to renew your permit. The renewal process is the same as applying for the first time, so please follow the application process set out below.
You may prefer to, or have to, apply or renew using the paper application/renewal form, for example if you are a tenant and the council tax account is not in your name.
Submit your application:
- By email to email@example.com (please attach supporting documents and include your phone number so that we can contact you to take your payment over the phone,
- By post or in person - h&f Direct Centre, Hammersmith Town Hall Extension, King Street, London W6 9JU.
If you are sending your application form by email or post, let us know whether you want us to post your permit to you or whether you’d prefer to collect it. If you’ve chosen to collect it, we’ll contact you to let you know when it's ready.
How to pay if you are sending your application by post or email
By credit / debit card – please ensure that a contact telephone number is included on the form, so that we can contact you to take your payment over the phone.
By cheque or postal order – please make cheques or postal orders payable to London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham. Please ensure that your name, address and vehicle registration are written on the back of the cheque.
If you’re new to the borough or are applying for the first time and don’t have all the required documents, don’t worry, you can apply and pay for a permit as long as you can supply some of the required documentation as explained below. We will then issue a temporary permit and you have 30 days to submit the rest of the required documentary evidence. When we have received the rest of your proofs and we have verified that you are eligible for a full permit we will upgrade your permit to a full permit.
You can apply online for the temporary permit but only if you are registered for council tax at the permit address and have a full UK driving licence. If you don't have both these proofs you must apply using the paper application form.
We need you to provide the following proofs along with your paper application form before we can issue a temporary permit:
- proof of your main address in H&F
- proof that you are the main user and keeper of the vehicle
- and proof that you have a driving licence that is valid in the UK.
Documentary evidence and eligibility
Whether you have applied online or using the paper application form, if you haven’t been able to supply all the required documents straight away, you will need to supply further documentary evidence within 30 days so we can upgrade your permit to a full permit.
Payment for the full year's parking permit will be taken as part of the application process when you apply on line or by post and is non-refundable so please make sure that you are eligible for the full permit before you apply.
Residents’ parking permit charges
- first permit
6 months - £71
12 months - £119.
- second permit
6 months - £260
12 months - £497
For more information about parking on our housing estates please see housing estates parking
To help improve air quality and the environment, we offer a discount to low-emission car owners and a free permit if your car is fully electric.
Please make sure you're eligible for these permits before you complete the application. If you're not eligible, we cancel your application and you have to submit a new one.
See Greener vehicle discounts to find out if you're eligible.
Changing your vehicle or moving within the borough? Or have you lost your parking permit? Use the relevant form below:
- Lost, damaged or stolen residents’ parking permit form (pdf 43KB)
- Change of address or vehicle for residents’ parking permit form (pdf 43KB)
If members of your household have a car each, each person can apply for their own permit at the standard rate, as long as they can show us proof of their address.
If you own a second car, you can apply for a second car permit, provided that you already have a residents’ permit for your first car. Please use the residents’ parking permit application form linked above. There’s no need to show us proof of your address again.
- Guide to parking permits booklet (pdf)
- Permits – your questions answered
- Contact us about parking permits