Jobs at the council
We believe councils can radically change people's lives for the better, particularly when they give a real say to their residents in designing services and developing policies. That's what drives our relentless search for better ways of working.
Within the H&F Vision, we have five priority values:
- Building shared prosperity
- Creating a compassionate council
- Doing things with local residents, not to them
- Being ruthlessly financially efficient
- Taking pride in H&F.
We care for the people who work for us. We want them to feel their days with us are the very best in their careers. We believe that supporting people to grow and achieve is good for everyone.
So if you share our values and are excited by our vision, we'd love to hear from you.
The benefits of working for H&F:
- very competitive pay rates
- access to the Local Government Pensions Scheme
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- cycle to work scheme
- employee discount scheme
- variety of flexible working options
- employee volunteering scheme
- employee assistance programme
- excellent learning & development opportunities
- performance management and career progression support.
Our HR privacy notice
Information about teacher recruitment including newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
Equal opportunities statement
We give people on our redeployment list priority for vacant posts during the recruitment process and before any other applicant. This does not breach any employment law. All organisations have a duty to offset any compulsory redundancies as a result of reorganisation or restructure of the workforce.
Armed Forces Covenant and Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
We are committed to supporting the Armed Forces, Reserves, Veterans, and their families through all aspects of their employment. We are proud to be a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant - a pledge to ensure that those who serve or have served and their families are treated fairly, and to support the forces through services, policy and projects.
We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, both as an employer and as a local authority by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- Working with voluntary, charity, faith and independent sector organisations to improve access to employment opportunities for the armed forces community
Hammersmith & Fulham have also achieved the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Bronze Award, for demonstrating our commitment to being an Armed Forces-friendly company and we are working toward achieving a Gold Award.
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.