Jobs at the council
We believe councils can radically change people's lives for the better, particularly when they give a real say to their residents in designing services and developing policies. That's what drives our relentless search for better ways of working.
Within the H&F Vision, we have five priority values:
- Building shared prosperity
- Creating a compassionate council
- Doing things with local residents, not to them
- Being ruthlessly financially efficient
- Taking pride in H&F.
We care for the people who work for us. We want them to feel their days with us are the very best in their careers. We believe that supporting people to grow and achieve is good for everyone.
So if you share our vaues and are excited by our vision, we'd love to hear from you.
The benefits of working for H&F:
- very competitive pay rates
- access to the Local Government Pensions Scheme
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- cycle to work scheme
- employee discount scheme
- flexible working options including flexi time, job sharing, compressed hours and term-time working
- employee volunteering scheme
- employee assistance programme
- excellent learning & development opportunities
- performance management and career progression support.
Our HR privacy notice
Information about teacher recruitment including newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
Equal opportunities statement
We give people on our redeployment list priority for vacant posts during the recruitment process and before any other applicant. This does not breach any employment law. All organisations have a duty to offset any compulsory redundancies as a result of reorganisation or restructure of the workforce.