Resident involvement strategy
Making Your Voice Count. No decision about you, without you
Tell us your views
We are consulting on our draft resident involvement strategy.
The strategy is for everyone in Hammersmith & Fulham who lives in a council housing property, including council tenants, sheltered housing tenants, resident leaseholders and private tenants of leaseholders and we want you to tell us what you think.
One of our core aims is to do things with residents and not to them. This is the responsibility of all council officers, not just those working directly with residents.
This strategy aims to:
- Provide opportunities for more voices to be heard
- Make it easier for residents to be involved and give feedback
- Place greater accountability on council officers to listen to and respond to residents’ priority areas and feedback to residents about the impact on services following their involvement
- Create a greater sense of community where residents and council officers take pride in Hammersmith & Fulham
- Make sure residents are at the heart of decision making – with the new repairs service being a clear
example of this.
We’ve listened to your feedback and agreed six priorities:
- Focus on outcomes: Encouraging the development of involvement that has a clear focus, is evidence driven, and where success and meeting objectives can be clearly defined.
- Work together: Encouraging the sharing of knowledge and key successes within the borough, creating new opportunities for residents and community groups to work together for a greater cause.
- Consistency: Supporting residents to build their existing skills by looking at providing new ways to deliver traditional training. Also, supporting Tenants’ & Residents’ Associations to promote thriving communities, and encourage council staff to offer a helping hand through volunteering.
- Communication: Making sure residents have the timely information they need and improving digital involvement to give more residents the opportunity to work with us.
- Continuity: Using the successful Investment Group model for involvement where ideas are proposed by residents and decided by residents to demonstrate trust between officers and residents to make informed decisions.
- Keep listening: Working to the recommendations of the Hackitt Report, the Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety, to make sure we are listening to what residents are telling us and acting on your feedback.
The aim of the draft strategy is to set out some of our ideas and vision for working with you in the future. To bring these to life, we’ve developed an action plan to go with the strategy. We want the strategy to be as short and to the point as possible, so it’s memorable to residents and officers alike.
Tell us what you think
Take part in our Resident Involvement Strategy consultation
The consultation closing date is 10 September 2019.
If you need any help or would like a printed copy of the Resident Involvement Strategy 2019-2022, please call 020 8753 6652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining us?
There are lots of different ways to get involved.
Resident Involvement Team:
020 8753 6652