Leasehold forum terms of reference
1. Each local leasehold forum shall be open to every leaseholder in the local housing area. It shall consider any leasehold aspect of the council’s housing functions and services in that area or borough-wide and make recommendations for consideration.
2. To monitor and keep under review the management of council leasehold dwellings within the area including tenancy conditions and lease.
3. To consider and comment on the housing proposals and programmes of the council relating to the area.
4. To consult with leaseholders on behalf of the council on all matters affecting the management of council leaseholds within the area.
5. To assist leaseholders’ participation in Tenants and Residents Associations, in the management and maintenance costs of the stock.
6. To consult with other local groups or organisations whenever necessary.
7. Encouragement of social and community facilities.
8. To identify and refer to the Housing Manager any issues of public sector housing policy or practice, including the enforcement of lease conditions and local capital investment plans for subsequent consideration by the council's Cabinet Member for Housing.
9. The forum will not become involved in individual leaseholder disputes and cases.