Defend council homes policy sub-group
The Defend Council Homes policy sub-group (DCHP SG) works collaboratively with the council to make sure that the Defend Council Homes policy is fully implemented.
The aims of the group are to:
- monitor, on an ongoing basis, the council’s implementation of and compliance with the Defend Council Homes (DCH) policy
- collaborate with council officers and residents to assist in the implementation and monitoring of the DCH policy
- make recommendations to the housing representatives forum (HRF) and to the council on how to embed knowledge of the DCH policy amongst officers and residents in the long term
- report back to HRF twice yearly.
For more information view the Defend Council Homes policy sub-group terms of reference.
Current work areas
The Defend Council Homes policy sub-group is currently working with us on:
- a good practice guide in recruiting and working with residents’ steering groups
- developing the Defend Council Homes policy implementation guide for officers
- reviewing existing redevelopment projects with regard to implementation of the Defend Council Homes policy.
- 10 meetings a year, currently held online using Microsoft Teams.
- Membership is drawn from the housing representatives forum, made up of elected resident representatives and block and street champions.
Get Involved Hub
DCHP SG members can view meeting minutes, presentations and group discussion chats on the Get Involved Hub - DCHP SG forum.
Contact the resident involvement team on 020 8753 6652 or email GetInvolved@lbhf.gov.uk