Housing register: Who can apply
You must meet the following conditions to be accepted onto the housing register.
- currently live in the borough and have lived here for a continuous period of 5 out of the last 7 years.
- not exceed a defined income and resource threshold as indicated in the following table.
|Bedroom requirement||Income and asset threshold|
|2 bedrooms or less||£46,250|
|3 bedrooms or more||£90,000|
If your household exceeds the income threshold for the number of bedrooms you require, you will not be eligible to join the housing register.
You must also meet at least one of these conditions:
- your accommodation is overcrowded and one bedroom short of your defined housing need
- you suffer from a medical condition or other disability that is severely affected by your current living conditions
- you are homeless and we’ve accepted a statutory duty to secure accommodation for you.
For detailed information on eligibility and qualifying criteria please read the housing allocation scheme.
< Previous: About the housing register?