Connecting rooms: I have a room to let

If you’re a council/housing association tenant or a homeowner with a spare bedroom to let we want to hear from you. Private landlords with a self-contained property or accommodation with a shared kitchen and bathroom are also urged to get in touch.

Why work with us?

  • Boost your monthly income from the comfort of your own home
  • Lend a helping hand to a fellow H&F resident
  • We offer support and advice with finding a suitable tenant and ongoing support.

We can help with:

  • Cash incentives equivalent to one month’s rent or help with  the cost of getting the room ready.
  • Or you can opt for a combination of both up to the value of one month’s rent
  • Calculating  how you could be financially better off
  • Training for prospective tenants
  • Landlord training and  property management seminars
  • A dedicated team to guide you through the process and provide ongoing support.

Will it affect my benefits?

If you receive housing benefit, £20 of the extra rent (per week) won’t be taken into account. Anything over £20 may affect the benefit you get.

If you receive Universal Credit, income from the lodger won’t affect your benefit but the person occupying your spare room won’t be counted as part of your household -  so the under-occupancy charge will still apply. However, you may still be better off overall by having a lodger or boarder.

Please contact us to find out more or check the benefits calculator

What happens next?

Contact us to arrange a meeting.

We’ll visit you at  your property and assess its suitability for the scheme.

If you want to rent two or more rooms in your property, you’ll need a licence - see additional licensing scheme.  We will discuss this in more detail when we meet you.

Rent levels must be within LHA guidelines to be part of this scheme visit Local Housing Allowance guidelines to find out more.

Contact us

Monday to Friday 9am to  5pm

The Link Hub, 145 King Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9XY

020 8753 2130