Tenancy change of name application form

It’s important that you use the same name on all your documents and accounts.

If you want to get a mortgage for a Right to Buy application, for instance, it will need to be in the same name as the one on your tenancy agreement. Once you’ve changed your name you are legally obliged to update your driving licence, and it’s a good idea to do the same with your bank accounts, housing benefit and other records in your name.

Please note: This form is for COUNCIL TENANTS ONLY.

All fields marked with * must be completed.

Please select your area office *
Why are you changing your name? *
We’ll need to see proof of your name change *
Please tick a box below to confirm you can provide one of the following
We also need to see photographic ID and proof of address *
Please tick both boxes below to confirm you can provide proof of your identity and address. We’ll get in touch to arrange a convenient time for you to bring these to your housing area office.
Tenant’s declaration *
I declare that the information I’ve given on this form is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand the council must protect its public funds so may use this information to prevent and detect fraud. This may include updating other agencies on the change of name. I authorise the council to make any necessary enquiries to verify the information on this form, and to visit me to check the details of my tenancy are correct. I understand that if I give information which is incorrect or incomplete, or fail to report any changes which might affect my tenancy, then I may be prosecuted and the tenancy may be ended. I will tell my housing office straight away if I start to sublet part, or all, of the tenanted address, or if I move out of the tenanted address temporarily or permanently.