Building shared prosperity
There are growing opportunities in H&F, especially in digital and biotech - but the prosperity must be shared by everyone.
We want local people from all backgrounds to benefit from the jobs, homes and entrepreneurial opportunities this growth brings, so no-one is left behind.
Some of the things we’ve been doing
- We’ve launched a ground-breaking Industrial Strategy and enterprise partnership with the Imperial College London campus in White City. It’s designed to capture their biotech and tech innovations and to turn them into careers for our young people.
- We’ll ensure development in H&F helps pay for better youth services and creates more jobs for young people.
- We’ve taken a tough approach to developers and negotiated £310million in extra funding.
- We’re building the largest number of new, genuinely affordable homes in 10 years.
- Local residents will get exclusive access to new jobs at the expanded Westfield shopping centre.
- We’re working to secure jobs, genuinely affordable homes and better transport – including two new overground stations for an interchange with High Speed 2 and Crossrail lines – from the Old Oak regeneration project.
- We’ve negotiated £22million of benefits for local residents from Chelsea FC as a condition of their scheme to redevelop Stamford Bridge.
- We’re delivering new affordable, flexible office space for start-ups, including at the new Hammersmith Town Hall development.