Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do it!
A series of free specialist sessions to help families stay active and healthy in Hammersmith & Fulham. The courses are again being run by provider MyTime Active to promote healthy, active lifestyles and good nutrition in the borough.
The sessions form part of a three-year programme for under-18s and post-natal women with MEND, being short for ‘Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do it!’
The programme is available to new mums and children and young people in schools, nurseries and children’s centres with games and activities that focus on good nutrition and physical activity.
MEND Mini – A 6 week course run by a registered nutritionist and physical activity specialist. Offers practical chopping and tasting activities and games and exercises aimed at enhancing physical and social development for 2 – 4 years.
- Mondays, 9 Jan to 13 Feb 2017, 1.30 to 2.30pm at Melcombe Children’s Centre, Fulham Palace Road, W6 9ER
MEND Mums - A 6 week interactive post-natal weight management programme offering energy boosting workouts and helpful tips on nutrition for you and your baby (0-2 years). Delivered by a physical activity specialist and dietitian.
- Tuesdays, 10 Jan to 14 Feb 2017, 10.30am – 12.30pm at Old Oak Children's Centre, 76 Braybrook Street, W12 0AP
- Tuesdays, 10 Jan to 14 Feb 2017, 1 – 2.30pm at Flora Gardens Children’s Centre, Dalling Road, Hammersmith, W6 0UD
- Thursdays, 12 Jan to 16 Feb 2017, 11.15am to 12.45pm at Masbro Children’s Centre, 87 Masbro Road, W14 0LR
MEND 5-7 - A 10 week course which aims to raise awareness of healthy eating, improve self confidence and enhance physical and social development. Delivered by a qualified physical activity specialist and registered nutritionist.
- Wednesdays from 11 Jan to 29 March 2017, 3pm to 4.30pm at Fulham Primary School, Halford Road, SW6 1JU
- Saturdays from 4 Feb to 8 April 2017, 11am to 1pm, Parkview Health Centre, 56 Blomfontein Road, W12 7FG (only open to children above a healthy weight)
MEND 7-13 - A 10 week course for children aged 7-13 years who are above a healthy weight. The programme is linked to nutrition, physical activity and behaviour change. Delivered by a registered nutritionist and physical activity specialist.
- Saturdays from 21 Jan to 8 Apr 2017, 1.30 to 3.30pm at White City Community Centre, India Way, W12 7QT
1:1 clinics - Individual sessions for parents/carers with children aged up to four for whom a group programme is unsuitable or with additional needs.
- Mondays from 9 Jan 2017, 9.30am to 12pm at Melcombe Children’s centre, Fulham Palace Road, W6 9ER
- Mondays from 9 Jan 2017, 10.30am to 3pm at Masbro Children’s Centre, 87 Masbro Road, W14 0LR
- Thursdays from 9 Jan 2017, 9.30 to 11am at Old Oak Children’s centre, 76 Braybrook Street, W12 0AP
All courses are free and delivered by trained, specialist professionals.
The MEND programme will also be offered in neighbouring boroughs to ensure there are opportunities for as many children as possible to take part.
For more information and to book a place on a course, please visit www.mytimeactive.co.uk/MEND, or call 020 8323 1725.