Big London Energy Switch
What is the Big London Energy Switch?
The Big London Energy Switch is a “switch and save” scheme. It brings together Londoners to change energy supplier help everyone get a better deal on their energy bills.
The scheme is open several times a year. Please read on for more details.
Why switch energy supplier?
Cheaper bills – One of the best ways to cut costs on your energy bills is to change suppliers. Many households can save over £300 by switching to a cheaper tariff (Source: Ofgem). By switching together as part of a group, we can secure cheaper bills for everyone.
Cut carbon emissions – All suppliers in the Big London Energy Switch provide 100% renewable electricity. By taking part, you’ll be taking practical steps to cut carbon emissions and drive demand for renewables.
Choice – There’s no obligation to continue with the switch once you’re registered. It's up to you whether you accept the offer and change suppliers.
Hassle-free – The Big London Energy Switch will handle the switching over process. All you’ll notice is a lower energy bill.
How does it work?
- Registration: You register your interest in the scheme for free and without obligation on the Big London Energy Switch website.
- Auction: An auction is held where suppliers submit their lowest prices. The supplier who offered the cheapest tariff will get to offer you a new contract.
- Personalised offer: You will receive your personal offer and you can see how much money you can save.
- You decide: You then decide if you would like to switch. If you do, they will take care of the entire switching process.
- Take control - You will be one of the thousands who have taken control of their energy costs through our collective energy switching scheme.
All suppliers provide only 100 per cent renewable electricity. This means every unit of electricity you buy can be traced back to a renewable source.
This electricity may be:
- Generated by the suppliers’ own renewable sources;
- Bought from independent renewable generators;
- Matched with 100% renewable electricity sourced externally with Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origins (REGOs) certificates
The electricity supplied to your home still comes from the National Grid, but the winning supplier must be able to evidence that every kWh is backed by 100% renewable electricity.
For every winning tariff we will let you know how the electricity is generated.
Find out more
To find out more, visit the Big London Energy Switch website where you can also register your interest in the scheme.
Find out what else we’re doing to tackle the climate and ecological emergency in Hammersmith & Fulham.