The council’s cabinet adopted a new housing strategy on 11 May 2015 called Delivering the change we need in housing.
Cllr Lisa Homan, Cabinet Member for Housing, wrote this introduction to the housing strategy:
It is very clear that when it comes to housing, residents in Hammersmith & Fulham need the council’s support – whether this relates to improving the quality and quantity of our own stock, requiring a better offer of affordable housing from developers or protecting renters in the private market.
We received more than 400 responses to the consultation draft we issued with the vast majority of those responses supportive of the approach the new administration set out. We have sought, where possible, to include as many comments as possible in our final strategy.
A further stage of consultation will be undertaken on a number of related documents which will deal with the detail of our changed approach, and comments that have already been made will help influence the content of those documents, as well as the services we currently deliver.
What was clear from the responses was the strength of people’s views about the homes they live in, how they are managed and what the options for the future are in the borough.
Residents told us about the homes they would like to live in – but can’t afford to – and the impact that housing has on all of the other areas of their lives, such as health, education, personal safety and employment.
We have already made a start on three objectives:
- to increase the amount of genuinely affordable housing being delivered
- to consider future options for our council housing through the Residents’ Commission
- to improve the private rented sector.
But much more change is needed in the borough’s housing and we thank the people who responded to the consultation process for sharing their views. Together we can make Hammersmith & Fulham a place that we can all call home.
Hammersmith & Fulham’s housing strategy documents
- Housing Strategy Consultation 2015 – Summary Report (pdf 594KB)
- H&F Housing Strategy Evidence Base Document 1 of 3 – Borough Profile 2014 (pdf 4.9MB)
- H&F Housing Strategy Evidence Base Document 2 of 3 – Housing Demand and Homelessness Data (pdf 175KB)
- H&F Housing Strategy Evidence Base Document 3 of 3 – H&F Joint Strategic Needs Assessment 2013-15 (pdf 653KB)
If you have any questions about the housing strategy document and would like to discuss them, please contact us and we will respond as soon as we can.
Housing Strategy Team
145 King Street
London W6 9JU
020 8753 1649 (9am to 5pm)