H&F parks, green spaces and recreational areas – COVID-19 guidance
Hammersmith & Fulham parks and green spaces are crucial for exercise and mental wellbeing and we want to ensure that they stay open for everyone to use.
Do not visit a park if you have any coronavirus symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath.
Please use them responsibly by:
- following the government's rules on using green spaces to stop the spread of COVID-19
- staying 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household
- not cycling other than on the designated cycle ways.
Park closing times
All parks in H&F will close at 8pm while we are still under pandemic restrictions. This will continue to be reviewed.
What you can do at the park
According to government guidance, you can go out and exercise each day alone or with members of your household. You can also meet meet up to six people from different households as long as you maintain social distancing.
You can use open access sports facilities for exercise with up to six people outside of your household but you must maintain social distancing.
These recreational areas are now open and new signage has been put in place.
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
- Bowling greens
- Skateboard areas
- Cricket nets
- stay local and use your own garden if you have one - please consider that people without gardens rely on parks more
- keep to the guidelines on gatherings. The Met Police and H&F Council urge everyone to follow social distancing rules
- observe social distancing, staying at least 2 metres apart from other people by making use of all areas of the park that remain open
- avoid overcrowding - if a park is busy, do not enter if you cannot safely stay at a distance from others, consider exercising in quieter less-used streets
- avoid touching surfaces (such as gates or hand-rails) and your mouth and face and wash your hands as soon as you get home. See Public Health England advice on hygiene
- keep your dogs on a lead at all times to ensure you can safely keep 2 metres away from others
- pay attention to instructions provided by parks services including any officials on site. Temporary measures have been put in place to safeguard you.
In some spaces such as river walkways, it may be difficult to maintain the recommended distance from other users, so please try to avoid these areas and choose places you can exercise safely.
Public toilets in Ravenscourt Park and Bishops Park are now open. Signs are in place to help everyone use them safely.
Playgrounds and outdoor gyms
Playgrounds and outdoor gyms in parks will open on Wednesday 8 July.
Stay safe in playgrounds and outdoor gyms, remember:
- the equipment is shared
- keep a safe distance at all times unless with members of your household
- keep a hand sanitiser with you and apply it before and after using the play equipment
- wash your hands when you get home
BBQs are currently prohibited
BBQs are not permitted during this time.
Please try and avoid places where it may be difficult to maintain social distancing, such as canal towpaths.