We Rise Together
Celebrating inspirational acts of human kindness in H&F
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought out the best of the community in Hammersmith & Fulham. Who are the people you know who have shown selflessness, compassion and creative thinking to help others?
“If there’s anything uplifting to come out of this terrible pandemic it is the inspirational acts of kindness that have been happening in a myriad of ways each day during the current pandemic,” says Cllr Stephen Cowan, Leader of the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.
“I want us to celebrate these thoughtful and often heroic acts, to reflect how our community has come together with resilience and compassion.
“That is why we are launching the We Rise Together awards to mark those individual and collective kindnesses that have helped and inspire all of us. Please, if you know a person or group doing wonderful things for others, nominate them using the form below.”
Nominations are now closed.
The deadline for nominations was Friday 10 July.
All entries will be considered by a panel of judges.
You may have been bowled over by an individual who has stepped up to support their neighbours, or been impressed by how a local school has supported their students and kept them connected. This is your chance to say thank you by nominating them for one of the categories below.
- Individual: making a difference – someone who has selflessly devoted their time to help their neighbourhood or wider community during the current crisis.
- Community organising – a local organisation or group of neighbours that has swung into action to support vulnerable residents or to adapt their activities to ensure people stay connected.
- Local business – a local company that has used its skills or facilities to support the local community and ensure people can access the goods and services they need.
- School or college – a local educational establishment that has worked hard to ensure that students and families are supported and has adapted to help them learn in new ways.
- Technological or creative innovator – a person or organisation that has developed new solutions that have helped to protect people, enabled them to keep connected in new ways or ensured they can get the support they need.
You can nominate anyone who lives, works, studies or volunteers in H&F, or any community organisation working in the borough*. You can’t nominate yourself but if you’ve done something you’re proud of, you can encourage others to put your name forward.
* H&F councillors are not eligible to be nominated.
The awards ceremony
There will be three awards for each category. We will announce plans for awarding the winners shortly. We want to ensure that everyone in H&F is safe and, under the current circumstances, that means we will not be able to award the winners in person. We are currently working on alternative plans so watch this space to find out more!
We are delighted that Westfield London are supporting us and sponsoring this year's We Rise Together awards.