West London Action for Children
Service name: Children and Parenting Programme
With H&F Council funding, West London Action for Children offer counselling, individual and group therapy to children, families and in schools. The service has raised an extra £500,553 in funding.
31 March 2021
In the past year...
- The service has helped 142 residents improve emotional and social well-being and resilience, better family relationships, and boosted confidence and independence.
Parents and carers report positive improvements in the relationship with their child
Children report positive self-response as a result of the service
Interaction is improved, isolation reduced and there is a greater sense of community
68 children took part in school counselling sessions
- A milestone was passed in 2017, when the WLAC celebrated its centenary. This has been a springboard to market the charity and raise awareness about its work. The next challenge is to broaden the local support base and fundraise an additional £100,000 to further expand services.
- Backing from H&F Council has helped the charity gain other funding; much from outside the borough.
- Clients have been able to criss-cross between the services enabling the service to develop a holistic approach to their needs.
- WLAC is running innovative projects to find new ways of working with clients.
- WLAC has improved connections with other borough agencies.